Thursday, July 12, 2012

Blog #2 Poem

Plugged in

I'm walking on the street
With my dearest friend
Surrounded by ugly people
Who spit and sweat

The poorest creature
Who beggs you for money
Gets off from the train
And takes out iPhone

Take a look around
All people are deaf
Big Apple got crushed
By iApple desiase

Go to East Village
Each hipster in town
Tries to be unique
So has different cover for the same device

It's always so nice
To come back to my room
Check out Facebook, vkontakte, mail.ru
And Skype with old friends

Till morning alarm goes off.
And new day
Will bring new experiences
Dictated from earphones.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome poem, as I am reading it I can actually go along with it and imagine myself walking on a regular day, experiencing the things you described in your poem. It very much sounds like an experience in New York City, or any big crowded city. The part where the "poorest creatures...begs you for money...takes out iphone" is funny and ironic. The way you change from one setting to another in your poem and describe your surroundings are similar to that of O'Hara's poem. I like the part "All people are deaf
    Big Apple got crushed
    By iApple desiase", for it describes how it seems everybody has their iphones, ipods, and ipads like a disease and blasting their ears listening to music which can impair their hearing.

    ReplyDelete